Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God's View

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1Timothy 6:17-19

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that." and " For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." 1 Timothy 6:6-7, 10

I firmly believe that the Bible is God's Word to us and that God inspired the writers. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17) I don't take His Words lightly. They encourage me, inspire me, teach me and convict me. 

In our world today it is so easy to get caught up in materialism and needing more stuff. I was that way......until I started going to church and reading God's Word. Until I started seeing things God's way. His word reminds us that we came into this world with nothing, not even clothes. We were naked. And when we leave this world we won't be taking anything with us. So why do we keep obtaining things? Why do we keep trying to have more and more instead of giving more and more? We won't lay up treasures for ourselves in Heaven by being selfish, but by doing good deeds and being generous and willing to share.

Money or wealth won't get us to Heaven or answer all our problems. You can't count on always having money but you can count on our Heavenly God to be there. He can answer all your problems. Maybe not the way you would like but he won't leave you or forsake you. "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)

Part II

Have you ever thought about why we are here? What's the world about? Were we an accident or did a Creator make us. (Obviously you know what I believe) If we are here by accident than what's the purpose of life? What do we have to live for? Is life just about taking care of your children, cooking dinner, running errands, having drinks with the girls......If there's no God than does that mean you don't have hope? I have hope b/c I know there's a loving, compassionate, caring God looking out for me. I know I can turn to Him when I need Him and I will be comforted and encouraged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment