Thursday, June 2, 2011

Come on, Come here

I have a very eccentric dog. I'm not really sure how he got this way? His name is Skeeter and he's about 5 lbs. Skeeter was the only black puppy and the runt of the litter. (btw he's a Pomeranian).

Skeeter goes through these moods where he's afraid to walk in certain rooms. Our kitchen floor is tile and we have a rug by the kitchen sink. He WILL NOT walk in the middle of the kitchen. If you put him down in the middle he will scurry to either the rug or under the table. Once he's on the rug he won't leave. You can call and coach but usually nothing works.

Today I put him down and he scurries right to the rug and won't leave his comfort zone. He has a thing for carpet, blankets and rugs. He does NOT like wood or tile floors. So today I'm saying "Come on, Come here" but nope. He tries to but is too afraid. He barks and I get agitated. We are talking about being 2 ft apart. For whatever reason this got me thinking.......How many times has our Heavenly Father said "Come on, Come here" but we are too afraid. Just like I knew Skeeter was safe and being irrational how many times have we acted like Skeeter when God is trying to get us to come to Him or even do something for his glory? When God is calling to us, is He getting aggravated like I was? And I don't want to give in or he'll never learn. God is probably the same way. He has to just wait or we won't learn or trust. Thank goodness he has more patience than I do!

Our Heavenly Father would never lead us astray so lets go wherever he asks us to. Lets trust him for those 2 ft and get out of our comfort zone. He will keep us safe and lead us to places we never imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment